Thursday 12 February 2015

character design 2: protagonist frogman suit



These my character designs I did today. These are suit designs that the frogman might be wearing during the scene where he dives into the body. I mainly focused on buttons he will use on the left arm and straps where it might look appealing and not making him one dimensional like most frogman suits normally are. The colours I've selected are meant to be used as an example and not fully meant to be the actual final colour for the outfit itself. It is there to show what colours might work and for what shapes. The spiral fire on the far right is a logo I designed years ago and thought it might look appealing in my own work.
 
Personally I find number 6 the most appealing with its bold colours and style but I plan on combining the ideas from number 1 design's stream of light that flows though the suit to number 6 style. However I'm curious about what does everyone else think.
 

3 comments:

Raianbrand said...

I like 1's style, and 6's colour scheme.

tutorphil said...

Hi Jacky - greetings from Barcelona! I can help feeling as if your designs here are all too 'baggy' and 'casual-looking' - they don't say 'underwater', or 'sleek' or stream-lined or 'I'm made of waterproof materials' - to me they all look a little bit too much like someone's pyjamas! Don't you need something a bit, well, sexier and sci-fi?

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2013/05/Uhura_Wetsuit-660x439.jpg

http://www.teenvogue.com/images/entertainment/movies/2013-07/quarter-quell-intro.jpg

Unknown said...

I did try to have them look as tight on the body as much as I could but for some reason I'm not as talented as others on the drawing pad so therefore i can see why i looks baggy. I tried to find a computer that has sketchbook pro on the computers however I was unable to find one so I had to use photoshop.